Monday, April 2, 2012

I need my hand

Pretty good day so far. After dropping off Ayaan at his preschool, I stopped by at Aaliyah's school, parked my car and watched Aaliyah from a distance. They were having their lunch break. As soon as the bell rang all the kids and these are 5-6 year olds, lined up in front of their class doors and waited for the other friends to join in. They started counting each other to make sure there was everybody. It was just amazing to
watch these kids stick to their regular routine so well. Aaliyah was her happy self. Wearing her jacket unzipped like always. She didn't have to wear it as it was nice and sunny. But that is just Aaliyah being herself. After the kids left, I got out of my car and walked home. Finding parking at 2:35pm can be a challenge at times so this is a pretty good solution that works out for me when the weather is nice. And besides, I can always use some exercise. So walking I did. To home and then back to school at around 2:30pm to pick up Aaliyah. She played a little on the swing and then we went to pick up Ayaan.
We picked up Ayaan and as we were walking back to the car, I told Ayaan-"Let me hold your hand." To this he replied "No, I need my hand." He probably meant to say that he wanted to walk all by himself. It was yet another silent laughing moment for Mommy. 

No comments: